I wish that I can say that time is flying while I am away from Melissa, Taylor, and the babies but it is not. I am worried about how much the babies will change before I can make it back by Friday afternoon as things continue to progress.
Breagan's PICC line was removed on Monday. Ayden's was removed yesterday, and Carmen's was removed late this afternoon. Today was bath day for the babies so Melissa's day started earlier than usual. At the time of baths, Carmen's PICC line was still in so her bath was taken care of with a sponge while she laid in her Isolet.
Breagan was actually able to have his bath in a regular type tub. Melissa expected him to act like Taylor did her first time. Taylor's first bath was taken care of in the Kitchen sink. Taylor was loud enough to let the entire neighborhood know that she was not happy. The picture that comes to mind about her first bath was how good she felt after as she laid wrapped up in her towel caressed by Melissa's arms.
Once Breagan touched the warm water he pretty much melted into it and was completely content with the situation. Both Breagan and Melissa were able to finish the bath without further incidence.
With Breagan's bath going so well Melissa just knew that she was in for it with Ayden. However, Ayden pretty much acted in the same manner and was very satisfied with the bath. Maybe it was because both boys knew that food was coming after the bath. Either way, it proved to be a profitable day for the children and Melissa.
Taylor is excited for Easter. She gave me my official invitation tonight and asked that I be with her as she looks like a princess in her Easter Dress. She was pretty cute as she described the new friends that she has made while waiting for Melissa in the NICU waiting room.
I hope that once I get to Boise that I can continue with taking pictures and posting them for all to see. I am excited to hear of the progress right now as much as you are. I am still on cloud nine from two weeks ago and the arrival of the babies. That is the feeling that is getting me through the week and the anticipation of seeing for myself the progress that the kids have made.
We thoroughly enjoy your comments and appreciate everything that you do. Thank you also to the many people who do not know us directly. I have heard about several people following our journey because of friends or family directly tied to us. Once again it is that depth of our support group that has made this such a great trip. I look forward to updating the blog as much as you look forward to reading the updates.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are so happy to hear that the triplets are doing so well!! We
enjoy checking your blog and reading about their progress and we love to see the pictures! Keep up the good work!
Love,
The Hansens
It was awesome to see the triplets this week in Boise. They are beautiful and they each have their own personality. Thanks Melissa for taking time to visit with me and for me to see your new additions. Thanks Scott for the great blog. See you in a couple of weeks. Love, Judy and Layne PS--HAPPY EASTER!!!
Post a Comment