Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10, 2008

Sunday was a bit of a whirl wind. Thank heavens to our "Nanny for A Day!" Uncle Ryan came to spend some time with Taylor allowing Melissa and I to still take care of business. I am not exactly sure who enjoyed the day more, Ryan or Taylor. Mary and her family have been more than gracious, a visit from tons of family, and a surprise visit from friends... WE LOVE EVERYONE and the strength that they bring. I have not a clue how we could have done a single ounce of any of this without the love, support, and prayers from everyone. THANK YOU!

Melissa has been able to get her blood pressure somewhat under control with help of some oral medication. It is still something that we watch, but it is out of the red zone for now. Melissa was discharged from the hospital early last night. When we talked with the Case Worker and we requested that we be as close to the babies as possible with 24 hour access. Her suggestion was to stay at the Ronald McDonald house here in Boise. It is within walking distance of the hospital and allows us to visit the babies any time, day or night.

Once I got Melissa and Taylor situated, Taylor staying the night with us, I took a walk to the hospital about 10:30. It was a beautiful night and a nice short walk. I was a little delayed while talking with people as I walked through the hospital but made it to the babies about 11:00. I then stayed the next several hours just watching and enjoying the babies.

It was very peaceful as the weekend was pretty much chaos in the NICU. There are around 30-40 babies currently in the NICU and everyone had multiple visitors. My hope was that everyone else was gone and I could spend some real quality time with the babies, which is exactly what I got.

All three babies are in the same room now. As you walk in Ayden is on your immediate left in his little Isolet (Incubator). He is still under the UV lights but may be able to have them removed in the next couple of days. He is still using the CPAP to breathe but is very content. I was able to see his diaper changed and be able to assist in calming him down. He has began to show somewhat of a mean streak as he is not a fan of his enema, but then again, I am sure you would act the same!

On the same side of the room as Ayden but about 15 feet back farther into the room is Breagan. Breagan and I really got to spend some quality time. He was sleeping pretty soundly as I put my hands into his Isolet. I cupped his little head in my hand and began to talk to him. He started to stir and then he opened his eyes. I am not sure if he could actually see me but he sure gave me the impression that he could. He laid there and stared at me for the longest time. As the nurse started to change him and give him his enema his little eyes seemed to beg me for help. It was enough to make anyone cry! I then had to explain to the nurse about how soft I have become. Even the sappiest commercials on TV seem to make me cry anymore. It was just AWESOME! Breagan's diaper was replaced and he started to calm down and drift back to a peaceful sleep. How precious these moments are!

Carmen's Isolet is just across from Breagan's and only about 4 feet away. She seems to have filled out a little since Saturday night. She has reminded me of a little bird so far. She continues to impress the nurses and still shows her feisty streak. She was fun to consul during her exam, enema, and diaper change. She did not wake up much but was perfectly content.

I am still amazed at the personnel that have assisted us. Everyone has been helpful, courteous, and just plainly awesome. I enjoy my talks with the nurses about anything. They are genuinely concerned about us knowing everything that is going on with the babies.


Melissa is currently in the NICU with the babies. Taylor and I are siting in the waiting room just feet away from the babies. The nurses and I had quite the conversation about the hospital having a window for people to see the babies from a distance. Taylor appreciates being at least as close as she can be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Everything sounds likes it's going just great and you are being blessed! That is so awesome and your story is so touching! I can't wait till I get to see them, and maybe 'lay hands' upon them. Sounds great!

(cousin) Steph

Judy said...

Congratulations!!! I LOVE the blog. The pictures are priceless and the stories make me laugh and cry. Everyone in Hagerman is excited for you guys and please let us know how we can help. I will be in Boise next week and I will look you up. Take care. Love, Judy and Layne

Unknown said...

Scott,

We are so proud of you and your family. Stay strong and know that all of us here at PMT are still praying for you and the family.

Craig

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! They are so beautiful and sounds like they're getting stronger every single day. Our prayers are with you and your little ones Scott & Melissa!

Love,
Randy, Donna, Tyson and Erin Clark

Anonymous said...

Scott and Melissa and Taylor,
Your babies are beautiful and it has become a daily ritual for my whole family to check the blog and see how you all are. We are so excited for you. Don't worry Scott everytime I read the blog I shed a tear or two! We appreciate so much you sharing this most special moment in your life with us. Take care and know that so many love and care for you.
Tony, Tawna, Davis and Annalese

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
We were so happy to hear that your babies all made it here safely and are doing so well. We wish you the best.
Eloy and Marci Mendoza