Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday March 17, 2008

This will be interesting for providing updates as I am currently home working once again. Everyone is doing so good that Melissa and I thought this to be a good chance to save time for later. Things could definitely get interesting once again as the babies are discharged one by one. However, Melissa's mother is currently staying with her and Taylor and enjoying the babies... It is pretty tough not to enjoy when you can hold babies as long as you want.

Knowing that I was not going to be around for a few days I took advantage and held each baby for an extended amount of time yesterday. They are so cute as they get woke up while we take their temperature and change their diaper. To spare you the not so pretty details, Melissa has been trained by Breagan for the unexpected. Needless to say I sat about four feet away holding Carmen at the time and laughed until it hurt.

After doing the preliminary stuff on the kids, temperature and diapers, we usually hold the babies while their milk is added to their feed tubes. It has proven interesting that as the milk goes down it has an equal affect on their eye lids. Ayden and Carmen were both so content laying in my arms that they forgot to breath and their heart rates each dipped. This caused quite the stir with the nurses but after tickling them each for a second or two they came around just fine.

We have been told that Breagan's PICC line will be out sometime today. Carmen and Ayden mat have their's own in the next couple of days. Ayden and Breagan have been maintaining their temperature very well. We were also told that there is a pretty good chance that Ayden and Breagan will be losing their Isolets sometime this week and may even have the opportunity to share a crib. Time will tell but these small goals will be adding up to the overall goal, going home. I was informed that the nurses and doctors in the NICU prefer not to have to do "warranty work." So they want to be very sure that the babies are at a very well controlled state before discharge.

A side note that I keep forgetting to add : Ayden will need to have surgery before he gets discharged. He was born with a hernia on the right side. Pretty much a common phenomenon with boys and no need for worry.

As always, your prayers, thoughts, and words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. We have been greatly blessed and recognize the work of the Great Master in each and every day. We also pray for you, our friends and family, to be safe and enjoy all that you do! Life is so precious...

Ayden showing us what is first and foremost on his mind.
Breagan showing us that he is number 1 with a wink!

Carmen with her bunny. All 2 lbs. 2.5 oz. of her... Not the bunny...

8 comments:

Judy said...

It is super to hear everyone is doing great. The pictures are wonderful. Thanks so much for keeping us up on what is going on. You have a beautiful family. Take care. Lots of Love and Prayers coming your way. I will be in Boise tomorrow and I will look you up. Love, Judy and Layne

Melanie said...

Hi Scott and Melissa! Yipee!! So happy that all is going so well. The babies look wonderful and all of the updates sound fantastic. Don't worry too much about the hernia surgery. . . Both of our boys had hernias (one of them had a single and the other had a double-yikes!) and the repair was pretty standard procedure. They felt a little crummy for a couple of days but Tylenol pretty much took care of things. Hang in there, squeeze those beautiful babies, and try to get some rest when you can.
Love,
Melanie

Andrea said...

We sure enjoy checking your blog and seeing the triplets progress. They are all so cute. We are thrilled to hear that they are doing so well. Keep up the good work!
Love,
The Darringtons

Will's family said...

Isn't it amazing how well you children are doing??? God is sure working in you lives. He is a God of Miracles, isn't he? I know it is so hard for you to be away from you wife and babies right now, Scott. You have to know they are being well taken care of. You have to do what you have to do. I remember Tom telling me when he had to go back to Nevada and work when Will was little and we had him up in San Francisco hospital. It was one of the hardest times for him. But he knew we needed his job. You are being a great provider, just like God wants you to be. Trust in the drs. and nurses, your mother-in-law and your wonderful wife. They will take care of everything on their end. I will say a prayer for your for some peace of mind. and I will say another one for your lovely family as they continue on their road to full health.
Lots and lots of love,
can't wait until we can see you again. We love your pictures of the babies. It makes us feel closer to them.
Love ya lots (all of you)
The Harbisons

Dawn said...

Hi Guys!
It is so awesome to hear and see you all doing so great. Scott, thank you so much for writing the blog, it has been so fun to read and get the updates withhout having to bug or interrupt you guys. Your tender words about each one of the babies is so sweet it just shows what a great dad you truly are.
Not only are you guys lucky to have such sweet, healthy and cute little ones, but they are lucky to have you guys too. What a great family. I can't wait to see you all again. We hope you guys know that we think of you all the time and are so thankful everything has gone so great. I know between stressing for you and Willie I have shaved a few years off my life, but I couldn't think of better people to stress over. Thanks for being great examples and great friends. We love you all so much. Give Taylor a hug and tickle for us.
Love,
Dawn and the Boyz

Unknown said...

Dear Scott,
Hey thanks so much for sharing this with us. I am pretty tech challenged and have never done this before but this is way cool. The babies look great.Our prayers are with you and them. Please let Taylor know I miss her and tell her hi for me. I told Talea,you should be hearing from her. Thanks again all our Love the Parish's

Mecale said...

Hey! Where's the updates??!! It's not you guys are busy with anything.... :) Just kidding you know it would be me to give you a hard time. I just wanted to show new pictures to my office because of course they ask and I have to keep them updated. Just thought I would give my two sense. I am very happy to know that all is going so well. Take care and we will see/talk to you soon. Love you guys

Kale

Jen Holtzen said...

Melissa and Scott and fam-congrats on your beautiful triplets and their amazing health. I am so excited for you both. I have enjoyed reading the blog and seeing the pics, thanks for that! We will continue to pray that their progress is unstoppable, and that you will be home soon.
Scott, Jen (Lutz), Trajan, Ryker, and Daxin