Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday April 23, 2008

I guess it is time to come clean... We were originally told last week that Carmen would be allowed to be released on Saturday. So now thinking back to the last post and about how Carmen lost weight, you can imagine our disappointment when we were not allowed to leave Boise on Sunday afternoon. We planned having Taylor's birthday party Saturday night and introducing the kids to Taylor. Well, as you know, things don't always go as we planned.

Carmen posted a nice gain on Sunday but jumped off the charts on Monday morning posting a 60 gram weight gain. The doctors were quite impressed and allowed us to leave the hospital with Carmen Monday afternoon. With our new found sense of energy, we hurried to pack and clean our room at the Ronald MacDonald House. By the time we made it out to Meridian to pick up Taylor and her stuff it was well after nine Monday night as we left Boise.

Melissa had dreams of her bed at home that kept her going. After a Doctor mandated stop in Hagerman we made it home about 1:00 A.M. Tuesday morning. The vehicles were unpacked and everything was dropped in the living room. Four months of luggage, baby equipment, and other miscellaneous stuff... What a mess and to tell the truth, we are still walking around it all.

With feedings every three hours you can imagine that you just get finished and if you are lucky you get about 1.5 hours of sleep. Melissa and I are trying to feed all three at once but it is proving a bit tough as I tend to sleep through anything/everything. Last night I mostly woke to find Melissa taking care of babies. I would get up just in time to do the tough stuff... Take one away, rock him/her to sleep, and put them back to bed. Pretty tough, I know, but someone has to keep up the team effort here. Thank heavens Melissa is as dedicated as she is. Otherwise, I may never hear the kids to wake up to feed them at all.

Breagan, Carmen, and Ayden ... left to right













This really puts things into perspective. Taylor, Breagan, Carmen, and Ayden. Melissa and I's FOUR kids!!! Still sinking in... Sorry.

13 comments:

Mindy Lou said...

Welcome Home!!!!! They couldn't be any cuter!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'm so excited for you all. And I have to say that is one proud big sister or fairy... LOL

Love you all! Mindy Lou

Melanie said...

Congratulations and best wishes for as much sleep as possible in the near future. :) Welcome to the next wonderful and chaotic stage of parenting triplets. I've thought about you all lately and was reminded of a quote that helped get me through. "Years from now you'll remember the moment, not the mess." We had the same pile of stuff on our floor after being gone for so long. Just try to forget about it and enjoy having your babies home. The pictures are beautiful and bring back such memories. We have a picture of our three on a Bobby pillow just like yours (same cover and everything) although ours doesn't have the cute big sister! Take care of yourselves and let others help when you're ready.

Love,
Melanie

~Shantelle~ said...

Congratulations!!! The day has finally come- hooray! Don't worry about the messes just enjoy those cute kids. Taylor looks like the happiest sister ever. She is going to be lots of good help. Let me know when you need help even if it's just holding or burping. You have a beautiful family :)

Andrea said...

Welcome home!! I couldn't be happier for you! I love the pictures. I am sure that you are all relieved just to be at home, no matter the sleepless nights ahead. At least you are in your own bed and home. That can make up for a ton! If you need anything, let me know. I am a master toilet scrubber!:) We changed our phone #. If you need it, call Shantelle. She can give it to you. Congrats to you all! I am especially happy for Taylor. Let the good times roll! Take care!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eckley1031 said...

CONGRATS!! Glad the babies are finally home! They are beautiful!

Judy said...

Contratulations-There is no place like home. I just LOVE the pictures. You have a beautiful family. It will be so fun to watch them grow up. ENJOY!! I would love to help you out, just let me know. Love, Judy

Will's family said...

Scott and Missy
I can't believe you're home. What a wonderful place to be!!!! The pictures are great. I still can't imagine what it would be like. Although I wouldn't have minded it. God knew what He was doing when He gave you those three little perfect angels. I know everyone is clammoring for more pictures so I will put my vote in also. We need more!!!!
How happy you both must be right now. I know there was probably times in Boise you felt like this day would never come. Take care of yourselves and I will ask God for special parenting blessings for you-triple time.
You know how much we love you guys. Can't wait to meet the little darlings.
Terri

Jen Holtzen said...

How nice it must feel to be home! The babies look so healthy and Taylor looks so happy, you have a beautiful family. Here's to hoping that enough sleep comes your way pretty soon, and that your FOUR kids continue to grow and stay healthy! Jen (Lutz) Holtzen

Anonymous said...

Wow guys, that's boppy's pretty full! And big sister looks quite excited. Glad to have you back in Burley. Melissa, you have tons of help at home, take advantage of it! Time will go fast and before too long you'll be looking back thinking "how did we do it!". Congrats and welcome home! Lisa, Bill & Lacey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!! What adorable pictures of your chilren!! The very best to all of you! I am so happy for you that you now have a full house!
Take Care and I'll be in touch!
Sue Hayes

Anonymous said...

it is so hot that you dress Taylor is such sexy panties mom, a man likes a sexy pair of panties to take off before hefucks a girl, herpussy isn't ready yet but her tight little arse is, pull her onto her hands and knees, yank the panties down just far enough to frame her ass, lots of spit in her crack and the babies can learn w hat a toddlers arse is really meant for

Anonymous said...

yeah the ass feels real good, girl friends daughter was 3 first time i took her ass fingers in her other hole