Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday April 18, 2008

It still ceases to amaze me how time just keeps going by faster and faster. Taylor and I have been in Burley since Sunday night. Taylor is starting to feel better and is recovering from her ear infections. Thank heavens Melissa has had her mom with her through this past week to assist with the kids.

Melissa has been able to take the boys back into the NICU to be with Carmen. However, Melissa has had to sign papers with St. Luke's saying that she will not expose the boys to anyone under the age of 18. Once this happens then the boys will not be able to go into the NICU anymore. We are trying to keep Taylor at a distance for now hoping that once we know more about Carmen's debut from the NICU that we can then let Taylor meet the kids for the first time. It has been over three weeks since Taylor has seen her mother, since January 29th since Melissa has been home, and almost four months that this has all been going on. Amazing as it has definitely been an emotional roller coaster for everyone.

This past week while home I have had the great opportunity of speaking with several other mother's of multiple babies. Everyone's experience is different, similar, and exciting to hear. Some experiences I thank the good Lord for not allowing us to experience but all in all, it is nice to compare. Melanie, Alice, and Sue, thank you so much for taking time to communicate with me and sharing your words of wisdom. I have tried to convey to Melissa your stories, words of encouragement, and willingness to assist.

Some of things that I am trying to get Melissa to do for everyone is post more pictures, I hear she has some good ones. I would also like Melissa to share her events that happened on March 5th as the babies were born, we will probably have to break that one up into chapters. Also, hopefully some really good news after this weekend... Time will tell...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott and Coach Draper!

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. You little ones are so adorable. You are in my family's thoughts and prayers! Good luck!

Love,
Tashie

Anonymous said...

Excited...can't even begin to describe the feelings we get from reading the blogs about your family. Let the fun begin! We can't wait to "mush" on the babies, we know it will be a while. Praise to God for all of your blessings! Please give angel kisses to all and hopefully we'll see you soon! Lisa & Lacey