Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday April 24, 2008

We thought that we were doing good today. It was the kid's first Doctor visit in Burley and with the appointment at one this afternoon we actually made it on time. Can you imagine that with starting at 10 this morning to get the kids ready that we were asked to come in at eight for next week's appointment? Sorry, I just do not move that fast and unfortunately, it has been inherited.

We really must throw out a big YELL for the Henslee clan!!! Melissa's poor mother has been kept extremely busy the past several months helping Melissa and I in Boise. Yesterday afternoon Melissa's next younger sister gave birth to another baby boy. Bridger Ryan Dunn was born last night at 5:30 P.M. with Mom and Son going home tonight by 6:30 P.M. This makes five new grandkids for Melissa's parents in the past seven months. There must be something in that Hagerman water!

We keep learning what we are doing wrong or where we should have asked for help. People ask us all the time what they can do to help. There are a couple of things here to think about. Number one and probably the biggest... I am still learning how to say enough is enough and ask for help. Nothing personal, it has been a tough lesson to learn. Second, we are learning as we go. Back to today's mistake... We thought that it would be good to include Taylor with the babies appointment to try and keep her in the loop. It did not turn out bad, however, after a two hour appointment you can imagine how busy a four year old can get in a Doctor's Office. Live and learn.

Everyone's comments have been greatly appreciated and enjoyed. It gives me something to do while Melissa feeds babies. I enjoy reading the blogs, comments by blog readers, and think of other things to post. We are tired but are enjoying this precious time. Our gracious Father has blessed us with these precious Spirits and with that he has blessed us with a superior support group. We feel your love and appreciate the opportunity of sharing this AWESOME experience with you. May God bless you for your thoughts, prayers, and everything.

4 comments:

Jen said...

We are so happy that you are all finally home! I'm sure it's so nice to all be together. We loved seeing all of the darling pictures on your last post.
Please let us know if you need anything! We are always more than happy to help in any way we can. Congrats to you all! Take care!

Melanie said...

Hi Scott and Melissa! Here are a couple of tips...#1 Accept help even though it's hard sometimes. You'll enjoy your babies more and not be so stressed and tired. #2 If possible, take your babies to the dr. one at a time. I did this and it was less stressful on me, my kids and the drs. It was especially helpful on shot days. Also, I found that drs. would accidentally get the kids mixed up and write things on the wrong babies chart when I had them all there together. It means several trips in one week, usually, but it was much nicer for me.
Love you you all!
Melanie

Andrea said...

Next time you have to go to the Dr. Drop Tatlor off at our place. Ellie would love it!

Jen Holtzen said...

So happy to hear that things are going well-I can barely make dr. appt with just one new babe, so you're doing awesome! I hope you don't mind if I use your blog to congratulate Mecale--CONGRATS on another baby boy, I hope you are feeling well and that Braxton enjoys his brother! Jen (Lutz) Holtzen