Unfortunately, Melissa and I did not have a chance to talk last night. We talked for a few minutes yesterday morning so I guess that will be the update for today.
Ayden is doing better as a result from the transfusion. He appears to be doing better with his oxygen saturation but still has to be prodded to eat. You would hardly think so seeing as how he is over six pounds now. Ayden's skin has a red appearance to it from the transfusion but this is normal. Evidently it is that much more prominent as he lays next to his fair skinned brother, Breagan.
Breagan is doing awesome. He no longer has the NG tube and is eating like a hungry little bear. It does not matter if he gets his food from a bottle or Melissa, he eats good. Breagan is just over five pounds and growing.
Carmen is still progressing. Her progress is a little slower but none the less, it is still progress.
Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement for Melissa. You could not have hit it more on the head and we took your words as a confirmation of our responsibilities as parents to our children. It has been so easy to sit back and let the medical personnel take care of the babies. Up until now we have placed our complete faith in their hands and respect their decisions. As we move forward, Melissa and I understand better now that we need to gradually move the responsibility of kids from the medical personnel to ourselves. Of course this is easy for me to say as I am not with Melissa in Boise. However, we recognize this opportunity as we move towards the overall goal of bringing everyone home.
I am continually amazed by the amount of people that write comments on the blog, send me e-mails, and talk to me personally. I appreciate the opportunity of knowing such GREAT people and considering so many friends and family. To put it frankly I quote :
Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find. - William Shakespeare
To those we know, we love you... To those we don't know, we love you... but let us meet sometime as we have much to catch up on.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am not sure about everybody else, but I know that the strength and faith that you and Melissa exhibit has been a great blessing in our lives.
As we get closer to our baby being born I pray that we can have the same strength and faith you two have.
I look forward each day to see how your babies have progressed and pray always that your whole family continues to do well.
May the blessing of heaven continue to be poured out upon you.
Kirk
Dear Scott and Melissa and Taylor,
Hey glad to hear all are doing better including you guys. One of my favorite sayings when things get tough is " and this too shall pass" and it does.Scott if you could use some help with Taylor is she is home with you please let me know. My email is lapelectric@gmail.com all my love Lori
Dear Scott, Melissa, & Taylor,
I'm glad Ayden is doing better. I hope that this will boost him over the hump. You make me giggle reading about Breagan. I'm so glad that you got to feed Carmen. Such exciting news. I can't wait each day to read what's new. We pray everyday that everyone improves and has the health and strength needed. We love you all tons. I've told everyone I know, that the Lord couldn't have picked better parents. You both are such strong people and are such examples to our family.
Love you,
Carrie, Ryan, & kids
Hello Draper Family,
I have been trying to keep up with your blog spot and I love hearing how your adorable little ones are doing. Mellissa, I just felt in my heart that I needed to just let you know that I have always admired you for your strength and determination in everything you do. I truly believe that if anyone can handle the responsibility of having three babies at once it is surly you. I know that you are a terrific mother and will come through this difficult time with the babies in the hospital like a champ. I am sure that some days are much more difficult than others and I can't imagine the stress that the both of you are under. But I know that you will be able to get through this time and thrive. I am having a hard time putting into words what i want to tell you, but just always remember that you are a beautiful strong woman who has the capability to run the world! Take care of yourself, Mellissa.
I just realized I didn't sign my name on the previous comment, sorry. Scott, I don't know you very well except that a long time ago, you really liked my potato salad. Ha, Ha. I do know that Mellissa is lucky to have you for a husband and I will pray for you both daily! Diana
Post a Comment