Wow!!! My mind was everywhere with that last post. Here it is 12 hours later and I am just getting back to finishing my thoughts.
Congratulations to Melissa for another week! It is the beginning of week number 31! We thought that we were going to have these babies today!
You read correctly. Melissa called me at about 1:20 this afternoon. She thought that things were progressing and that she had better get to the hospital. Mary was in the process of getting arrangements made for her kids while Melissa was informing me. I thought that I was safe enough to try and get some work done in Twin Falls. I had no sooner crossed the Perrine Bridge as Melissa called. I found a spot to get turned around and headed back towards Rupert.
Being two hours away is bad enough. But now I was at least three hours from Boise by the time I made it back to Burley, grab some things, get my own vehicle, and get onto Boise. Mary called about the time I was getting to King Hill and said that they were still waiting for some test results. I went ahead and continued to Boise.
I made it to Boise and was able to spend a couple of hours with Melissa. Once we found out the test results and talked with the Doctor we were confident that things were stopped and that the babies were going to continue to grow. Melissa left with Mary to return to their house while I once again headed East back to Burley and Taylor.
I was lucky enough to meet up with my sister and pick up a passenger. My nephew Cobe gave me quite the rundown on Halo 3, told me about his award that he got at school this morning during an assembly, and did an excellent job of keeping my attention while we finished the short trek back to Burley.
Melissa is still fighting the head cold. Her coughing is proving very troublesome. She has since retired back to the couch and the "Warr"dens continue to watch over her. Melissa loves this play on words as her sister's families last name is Warr.
Whew!!! What a day!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the nickname! It fits so well! LOL Missy, I hope you get to feeling better. We love you and pray for the continued health of everyone!
Hi Scott and Melissa! Thanks for sharing on your blog. I love checking it! I'm THRILLED that you're all doing so well. Having 3 big healthy babies will definitely make parenting triplets more manageable, trust me. Just keep up the good work. By the way, Melissa, you look fantastic!!! One idea though. . .let Scott get some photos of your belly. We took photos every month and it's fun to look back at (trust me, someday you'll forget how big you were). Also, I think your little ones will be curious about how they all fit in there as well. So, if you can, bare your belly and be proud. It's a major accomplishment that you've worked darn hard for. :)
Anyway, take care and know that we're still praying for you and cheering you on.
Love,
Melanie
Post a Comment