Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday March 1, 2009

Here is a full circle for you... Just stay with me...

A year ago Melissa was in Boise with her sister and family. March 1st last year was a Saturday and a busy one at that. The night before, Friday night, I had a dashing trip to Boise as Melissa thought she was going into labor. After a quick trip to Boise I returned home to pick up Taylor.

Saturday morning we had breakfast as usual, I ran Taylor by my parents for the morning while I helped a friend move. Yes Mark, can you believe it! You and your wonderful wife have been in the new house for a year. What a miserable day. It snowed, the wind blew, but we were having a typical Saturday. After helping move furniture for a while a couple of dear friends from Utah were on their way through town on their way back to Provo. My parents, my sister and her family, Taylor and I, and Dale and Linda all met for a quick lunch before they continued on down the freeway towards their home.

Not long after Dale and Linda left, I checked on Mark and their progress and ended up responding to an accident towards Sweetzer. I returned to pick up Taylor and on to the Annual show of the Snake River Flats. Taylor decided later that night that she was sick and that her cold would take over her little body. What a night...

Thinking about Saturday March 1, 2008 makes me feel as though it was just yesterday. We were a family of three separated by miles of interstate and only a couple hours of drive time. Little did we know about the events that were to transpire in the week to come...

The theme for our family this week is "A Year Full of Firsts." This week we will celebrate the babies "First" birthday. Stay tuned for more firsts...



3 comments:

~Shantelle~ said...

AAAHHHH - Look how cute they are. I can not believe they are going to be a year old. They are doing so good and look good too! You two have done an amazing job and look good as well. Keep up the good work.
Take care!

Mrs. Butterworth said...

I can't believe how big they have gotten! They are so so CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I have been checking your blog often for new pictures and updates. I am suprised you have time to blog at all. The babies are as cute as ever and Can't wait to see more! You guys are awesome and such an example to all. Please call if you need anything. Beverly Jamison