Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday May 24, 2008

No excuses... I would like to report that we are on a schedule and not deviating from it but that would be a lie. We are still improvising and our new norm is something completely different than Melissa and I ever thought.

Melissa and her mom have been doing great! It's amazing to see them in action. They work great as a team and the babies are showing the signs of some good lovin'.

As of this past Thursday Ayden is 8 lbs. 14 oz. Breagan weighs in at 8 lbs. 4 oz. and Carmen weighs in at a whopping 5 lbs. 7 oz. Carmen also boasts growing to 18 in. long. If these stats do not show the good lovin' I am not sure how else you could tell.

Ayden has developed another hernia. The hernia on his right side was repaired before he was discharged from the hospital. We found the second one while he was getting his two month shots. It was about the size of a dime and could be reduced quite easily. Thursday night while changing his diaper we found that the hernia had grown to about the size of my thumb and was quite hard. This caused quite the concern so Melissa and I took him to see his doctor on Friday afternoon. By this time the hernia had softened up and retracted on it's own. So far the hernia is behaving itself which is good for the three day weekend. We were hoping to wait until around six to nine months to have this done but it appears that this will be happening sooner. We will call his surgeon this next week and see when they would like to see Ayden.

Carmen and Breagan still continue on with growing, sleeping, and filling their diapers. For perspective... Carmen has gone through a package of 34 diapers in just a little under a week. Now we multiply it by three... We were blessed with several packages of diapers from Melissa's family, Melissa's prior place of employment, and gracious friends. WoW! It's amazing how fast we can fill a 13 gallon garbage bag of diapers.

We have been truly blessed and see these blessings grow each and every day. We have chosen July 6th to bless the babies. We hope to have many family and friends that holiday weekend. Please join us for this special day. If you need directions to the church please feel free to contact me for the time and directions.

We love you and appreciate you joining us for this incredible journey. You make it possible for us to continue each and every day with these little angels from heaven.

Grandma Alice holding Great Grandson Ayden.

5 comments:

daveanddebbie said...

We were excited to get another update! The babies look Great! Carmen looks so much bigger, and as happy as can be. We are excited to see you guys!

Andrea said...

I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. That is amazing progress! Way to go! The pictures are great.

Melanie said...

Thanks for the fun update. It's so true...Just when you think you've figured it out, things change!!! Well, the one thing it taught me was flexibility and patience. Keep your sense of humor and some day you'll laugh about how it was so different than you expected it to be. You're awesome and the babies look fantastic. Keep up the good work and know we're thinking of you all.

J and T DuBois said...

Hey looks like they are doing well. I am glad to see that your family is handling everything so well. I have about 6 weeks left. Hopefully mine goes good. I can't wait to see you guys again. Have a great summer.

Amie and Karl said...

They are so cute sorry I did not know you had a blog I jsut found it.

You have beautiful babies and I can see your hands full.