Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31, 2010

If I hurry here I can actually make it look like I posted at least once a month instead of there being a two month absence. It is the little justifications that eventually get us...

This past weekend our family actually got away from everything. We were able to enjoy a quiet weekend away from cell phones, pagers, and two-way radios which seem to be my usual staples for communicating with the outside world. Thank heavens for family, resources, and the right to enjoy the fabulous outdoors.

Smiley Creek, located in the heart of Idaho, was just beautiful. The country side is still green from moisture and has not yet started to resemble the beginnings of the Fall colors. Ayden was not sure about riding the four wheeler again but quickly remembered how much fun he had Memorial Day weekend riding. With two four wheelers Melissa and I are able to carry all four kids. We enjoyed a 38 mile ride Saturday that took us to an elevation of 9200 feet. We had not quite hit the end of that trail but instead gives us something to look forward to another time.

The absence of wild game reminded us once again of the time of year. The early archery hunts have begun allowing us to see a lone Antelope the entire weekend.

This time away allowed us the time as a family to grow with each other as Monday Taylor started First Grade. Thank heavens for a job as I went to work Monday morning while Melissa had the great opportunity to take Taylor to her classroom. I know I would have cried like a baby and embarrassed Taylor enough to haunt her to her Senior year. Melissa is a lot stronger than I when it comes to the emotional times. Funny thing is that I was not this way until we found out we were expecting Taylor. What other experiences will kids expose me to? I am sure they are too many to mention and those of you with much more experience than I are just sitting there shaking your head. It's o.k., they come and go without saying.

In closing, I could not finish without paying tribute to the One that matters most. Without His influence, Plan, and guidance, we could not enjoy the ties of family, friends, and one of His greatest creations, the earth and freedoms that we all enjoy.

Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all look like you had a blast. Looks a little chilly too! Love ya, Carrie